Presentation on "A Comparative Study on Gender Representation in English Textbooks Used in Japan and Korea: A New Approach to Analysis of Gender Representation"
Dear KATE 2020 International Conference Participants,
1) The database mentioned in my talk is available online. Please click here.
2) Please note that this database is still under development. It may be updated without prior notice.
3) Please let me know if you use the database for your research.
4) If you need more info about the database, please click here.
Sorry, this is in Japanese.
The textbook analysis is a study which aims to
1) gather all the information from the textbooks used in class,
2) identify the patterns or trends emerging in the textbooks, which may influence students' way of thinking or way of life, and 3) explore how to improve the textbooks.
It does not aim to criticize a particular textbook or a part of a textbook from one specific perspective without considering a whole structure.
Yuka Ishikawa (from JACET)
A part of the data used in the study is available here.